November 11, 2011

BLT Crab Cakes

wow this month is flying by its already time sorry for the lack of recipes these past few weeks I'm getting very anxious about my husband coming home from deployment i have ants in my pants lol! I found this recipe from Coastal Living magazine they have great recipes i love trying them out all the time.

¼ c red bell pepper, finely diced
1 celery stalk, finely diced
12 oz. lump crabmeat
¼ tsp Old Bay seasoning
2 dashes Tabasco sauce
¼ c dry bread crumbs
Salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbs olive oil


4 hamburger rolls
Tomato slices
Lettuce leaves
8 slices cooked bacon ( i used turkey bacon)
Old Bay mayo 

In a large bowl, combine the red pepper, celery, thyme, parsley, crabmeat, lemon zest, Old Bay seasoning, and tabasco. Break up lumps of crabmeat as you stir. Add bread crumbs a little at a time, and stir to combine. You may not need entire amount. Divide mixture into quarters, and form into patties.
Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Place crab cakes in the pan and browned, about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from the pan.
  • Place bottom of 1 bun on a plate; spread with 2 teaspoons old bay mayonnaise, and top with 1 lettuce leaf, 2 cooked bacon slices, 1 Classic Crab Cake, 2 tomato slices, and top of toasted bun. Makes 1 serving.

Old Bay Mayo

¼ c mayonnaise
1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
¼ tsp salt
Black pepper

Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.



2 comments:

  1. I love Coastal Living! My mom's been a subscriber for years and I always read it. :)

    Crab cakes are one of my favorite things too. These look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I bet these are so yummy! I've got to try them soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails