July 20, 2011

Pineapple Salsa



i made this today for a little snack. i got the idea from a salsa i use to buy when we didn't make our own from Newman's own i loved it! but now my taste has changed it just doesn't taste right at all. my husband and i are huge salsa connoisseurs also guacamole too lol it has to be made fresh and just right. i like mine really spicy too. a


45 calories per cup


  • 2 cups diced pineapple, drained
  • 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno (about 1/4 pepper-add to 1/2 pepper if more heat is desired)
  • 3/4 cup diced red bell pepper
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
  • 4 teaspoons freshly squeezed line
  • pinch potassium salt
  • 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh parsley
  • 1 cup tomato diced






right next to me while i'm shooting my food lol




2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! I've got to try it. Homemade salsa beats store-bought, hands down...and I love the idea of pineapple to give it some zing.

    Cindy @ Notes in the Key of Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fruit in my salsas! Mmm! I made some mango guacamole today that was so delicious! This looks amazing, too, I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails